The Year Up Program will be on the Glendale Community College campus next week on May 8th and May 9th inside the Student Union from 9 am – 1 pm.
Below are some highlights of the program:
- The program is for students 18-24 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
- Of low to moderate income and US citizen, permanent resident, or have employment authorization card to participate in program
- Must be available 5 days a week Mon-Fri for the full year of the program
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree
- Students can earn monthly stipend of up to $600 and up to 30 college credits.
- They will learn Business Operations or Computer Programming, and Professional Skills
- 6 month paid professional internship with career opportunities
- Begin a career making $32,000 a year while completing a degree
Online Application: http://www.yearup.org/seize-opportunity/
Admission Process: http://www.yearup.org/future-students/admission-process/?location=arizona/
YEAR UP STUDENTS ARE TRAINED FOR INTERN ROLES IN:
- Cyber Security
- SharePoint Administration
- QA Testing
- Customer Support/Service Desk
- Network Administration Support
- Desktop Support
- Business Operation roles requiring Microsoft Office skills